A POM POM PERFECT PARTY!

Photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY
People mingling  at the pom pom anniversary party

So...last night, I donned a cute peplum top, Rag & Bone skin tight skinny jeans, my standard Chanel purse and headed to Pom Pom Interiors, a gorgeous European chic home furniture store here in Los Angeles.

My second soiree of the week...another fabulous event.  This time it was Pom Pom's 20th anniversary party and a signing for books by celebrity designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard and another lovely book from Katrien Van der Schueren.

The party was being thrown by Pom Pom Interiors owner Hilde Leiaghat, her husband Reza and their son Sam.

I must say...it was a fantastic party.  Beautifully and elegantly done.  Filled with a fun exciting crowd.  Very beautiful but also very warm and inviting.  It is Hilde's Pom Pom style at play...elegant relaxed chic. I liked the vibe!

Hilde is also quietly a Hollywood go to person for design and decor.  Among many celebs, Hilde and Pom Pom have worked with stars like Jennifer Lopez - Hilde did rooms in J.Lo's homes in New York and Los Angeles!

When I got out of my car at valet, I was immediately thrown against a step and repeat wall and photographed with Hilde and guest of honor Martyn. Then after my mini red carpet like moment and the wonderful whirlwind of hellos and kisses, I wandered inside to one of the most lovely stores in the country.

Hilde has designed the flagship Pom Pom store on La Brea Avenue like a gorgeous home filled with relaxed romantic chic home furnishings. Every nook and cranny is filled with a new delight. A beautifully curated collection of vintage, antique and reproduction furniture in a huge space. For years, I've gone to Pom Pom and browsed and dreamed...Hilde's designed a store where you can dream.

A whole crew of folks I know showed up...there was CM and LH who work for COCOCOZY (well technically LH doesn't work for COCOCOZY anymore, she got a new job that she just started on Wednesday but she is still part of the COCOCOZY family), JW also showed up and I am  hoping to recruit her onto the COCOCOZY team part time. Good friends SN (she is so sweet and smart and gives me such good advice) and BN also stopped by too. Beata Heinrichs of Hedgehouse and her husband Josh were also there.  I also had a nice quick chat with Tiffany from Layla Grayce.  I was also able to squeeze in a hello to Jacqui and Wendy who work for Hilde at Pom Pom.

So many wonderful people to see and meet that it turns out I barely took any photos!!! Oy va voy!

Well...here are just a few photos I took from last night!

hydrangea flower arrangement on a wood table at the pom pom university party

inside pom pom store with large chandeliers and beautiful chairs
Party guest wander through the many beautiful rooms at Pom Pom Interiors store in Los Angeles. (above)

COCOCOZY Logo throw on a white settee with three accent pillows
I spied a COCOCOZY Logo cotton knit throw in cream and white on a romantic settee. (above)

two books
Martyn Lawrence Bullard's book "Live Love & Decorate" next to "The Art of Instruction" by Katrien Van der Schueren. (above)

Hilde Leiaghat and Martyn Lawrence Bullard in front of large decorative mirror
Pom Pom owner Hilde Leiaghat and interior designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard.

More people mingling at the pom pom anniversity party
The party scene! (above)
What a fantastic night!  Sorry I didn't take more photos.  I was caught up in all of the excitement of it all.

For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to swing by Pom Pom, you should.  It is a true design delight!

Pom Pom Interiors
1401 N. La Brea Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Phone: 323-851-1342

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Was so happy to get an email earlier this week from Lynette Vertoch of Cameos & Crowns.  Lynette makes an adorable line of printed flour sack pillows.  Lynette started Illume Candles years ago...she started and ran the company for 5 years before she sold it.  Lynette was kind enough to mentor me when I was first starting COCOCOZY.  Lynette now lives in Seattle with her family and runs her new company.  Wishing you well Lynette and a happy birthday.
flour sack pillow with an owl sitting on a branch wearing a crown printed on the front
Lynette Vertoch's Cameo & Crowns flour sack pillows. (photo from Lynette)(above)
P.P.S.  Did I mention that a pipe exploded at my house a few months back and now the water damage is showing on floors and walls in my tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills?  Oh my.  Must take photos.  The contractor is coming this weekend to give me an estimate.  If it isn't one thing...it is another.  Right?  Beata and SN think I should blog about my floor/wall/pipe exploding problem...I may.

P.P.P.S.  Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY


0 comments:

Post a Comment